Explore job opportunities at J.Fletcher Creamer & Son. Not seeing a job
opportunity currently available, email your resume to
Workers Compensation Claims Adjuster
J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc. is seeking a Worker’s Compensation adjuster for its Insurance Department. This is a unique position with the primary responsibility acting as the coordinator for work related incidents that occur in multiple states.
- Multi-jurisdictional knowledge is strong preferred; NJ, NY, PA, DE & MD are the primary venues.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Experience with contracts & risk transfer.
- Familiarity with state statutes & case law.
- Manage loss costs & expenses.
- Litigation experience is required.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with high level of confidentiality.
- Time management & organization are extremely critical for this role.
- Writing - ability to prepare correspondence such as denials, demands & status reports.
- Ability to communicate in a positive & professional manner to employees & outside customers.
- HS Diploma.
- Minimum of 7 years of adjusting Workers Compensation claims.
- Industry related professional certifications & education is a plus.
- Prior employment within the insurance industry with a carrier, TPA or broker is required.
- Must be able to work independently, as well as function as part of a team.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, Power Point & typing.
- Investigate & report work related incidents to the Third-Party Administrator.
- Coordinate initial work-related medical treatment.
- Act as a liaison between the employee & Third-Party Administrator.
- Process all related documentation.
- Work closely with the Third-Party Administrator & carrier to manage & monitor the claim file “cradle to grave” to ensure proper handling, reserve accuracy & evaluate settlement requests.
- Manage litigation process & defense counsel.
- Maintain relationships with in-network medical providers.
- Report all Monthly OCIP payroll for related projects.
- Maintain OSHA 300 log.
- Maintain various internal Excel spreadsheets & other reports.
- Attend offsite events if necessary (Ex. Court hearings, conferences, etc.).
- The position may also handle the overflow of minor General Liability & Auto Liability property damage claims at the direction of the Department Supervisor. Prior experience in this area is a plus, but not required as training will be provided.
- Other projects as directed by Management.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match, Profit Sharing, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Stock Options, Training & Development
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.