J. Fletcher Creamer & Son, Inc. is seeking a multi-line Liability Insurance Claims Adjuster for its Insurance
Department based in Hackensack, NJ.
Under direction of the Claims Supervisor, the Claims Adjuster will be responsible for the prompt and
efficient examination, investigation and settlement of Property Damage insurance claims in accordance
with the company’s Insurance Program.
- HS Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years of adjusting third party liability claims with a concentration in automobile
liability, general liability & property damage liability
- Prior employment within the insurance industry with a carrier, TPA or broker is preferred
- Must be able to work independently, as well as function as part of a team
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, Power Point & typing
- Effectively manage a pending including general liability and auto liability property damage
- Maintain professional relationships with co-workers, the insurance carrier, Third-Party
Administrator (TPA) & defense counsel to effectively and efficiently resolve claims
- Communicate with all involved parties and respond to correspondence timely
- Conduct liability investigations – secure statements, photographs, contract review/analysis, etc.
- Evaluate claims and make appropriate recommendations for resolution
- Negotiate & settle self-retained claims
- Identify subrogation potential
- Attend offsite events if necessary (Ex. Court hearings, mediations, settlement conferences, etc.)
- Other projects as direction by Management
Special Skills / Abilities
· Time management & organization are extremely critical for this role.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Writing - ability to prepare correspondence such as denials, demands & status reports
· Ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner to employees and outside
· Strong negotiation skills
· Experience with contracts & risk transfer
· Familiarity with state statutes & case law
· Manage loss costs and expenses
· Litigation experience is required
· Multi-state jurisdiction is a plus
· Experience handling utility claims is also a plus
· Ability to handle sensitive information with high level of confidentiality
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Effective communication and listening skills
· Attention to detail, highly organized, self-starter with ability to prioritize tasks
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Stock Options, Training Programs, 401(k) with Co match.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.