Explore job opportunities at J.Fletcher Creamer & Son. Not seeing a job
opportunity currently available, email your resume to
The Fleet Manager leads the Planning and Scheduling team to ensure that the company fleet and equipment is available, dependable, safe, and maintained to all regulatory and company standards. Develop, implement, and oversee the planning and scheduling of the preventative maintenance program for all vehicles and applicable equipment. The Fleet Manager is financially responsible for the tracking shop performance, equipment utilization, rental equipment and recommendations for the retirement and procurement of new equipment. Oversight of vendors, coordination of the in-service of new trucks and trailers.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in heavy equipment shop supervisory and/or shop management position.
- Thorough knowledge of budgets, accounting and forecasting.
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of NJDOT, OSHA, EPA and NJ State Regulations.
- OHSA 10-hour and 30-hour preferred.
- Computer Skills – proficient in MS Office; familiar with diagnostic software.
- Ensures Planner / Scheduler achieve KPI’s.
- Reviews Capex; make recommendations on budget.
- Recommends equipment needs and providing specifications to Director of Fleet.
- Oversees Equipment Utilization; ensures fleet is appropriately stocked.
- Negotiates equipment rental agreements.
- Manages equipment rental contracts.
- Distributes equipment rental costs to Jobs appropriately.
- Management of CMMS.
- Performance reviews and disciplinary action of direct reports.
- Maintains regulatory compliance paperwork for fleet.
- Develops and maintains internal and external equipment rates.
- Ensures appropriate staffing of Planner / Scheduler positions to maintain efficient operation of shop.
- Participates in the development of IDPs for Planner, Scheduler and Admin; ensure training and development.
- Coordinates with Fleet Supervisor to ensure high NAPA performance standards.
- Other assigned duties as necessary.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Training, Stock Options, 401(k).
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.