Explore job opportunities at J.Fletcher Creamer & Son. Not seeing a job
opportunity currently available, email your resume to
The Fleet Supervisor ensures employee safety, quality repairs and asset performance while delivering timely service in coordination with the timelines provided by the Scheduler. This is a leadership position; the Fleet Supervisor is involved in the hiring process, employee on-boarding, training, IDPs and corrective actions. The individual will lead the Shop’s interactions with Operations to ensure best in class service.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in heavy equipment shop leadership position.
- 5+ years’ experience as heavy equipment shop supervisor.
- CDL preferred.
- Knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of NJDOT, OSHA, EPA and NJ State Regulations.
- OSHA 10-hour and 30-hour certification preferred.
- Computer Skills – proficient in MS Office; familiar with diagnostic software.
- Creates and promotes efficient workflow in shop.
- Ensures that mechanics and technicians have required tools and parts.
- Coordinates with Scheduler to effectively and efficiently distribute workload amongst mechanics and technicians for unscheduled / emergency repairs.
- Coordinates with Fleet Manager to ensure high NAPA performance standards.
- Ensures Shop / Field / PM compliance with all safety, environmental and mechanical standards. Conducts monthly shop inspections for compliance / reporting.
- Evaluates performance of Shop Foremen. Responsible for disciplinary actions for Foremen.
- Enforces KPI’s; evaluates and implements changes and/or modifications required in order to maintain goals.
- Ensures Foremen are executing on timelines laid out by the Scheduler.
- Maintains appropriate staffing to ensure achievement of KPI’s.
- Ensures recommendations from the Planner/Scheduler are cost effective.
- Maintains training schedule for all shop employees.
- Actively participates in the onboarding of new shop employees.
- Approval of vacation schedules of Foremen.
- Perform Quality Control Inspections.
- Final reviews of completed work orders; closes work orders in CMMS.
- Ensures TPR initiatives are being sustained.
- Reviews of timecards for all mechanics and technicians.
- Ensures equipment is being properly reported.
- Identify and research rework or repeat fleet failures / trends.
- Assist in determining shop equipment needs and specifications of service / support vehicles.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, Training Programs, Stock Options, 401(k)
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.
See all of our current job openings.